Napoleon Woodburning Stoves and Inserts
Since we began in 1978, the wood stove industry has made numerous changes. The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) decided that the wood stove industry needed regulation and set up emissions standards that were required of all wood burning stoves. To meet those standards most manufacturers opted to install catalytic combustors in their stoves. We have found in servicing these appliances that they showed, on the whole, a premature deterioration of components including cast iron parts and the catalyst itself. They did not provide the long term life of their non-catalytic predecessors. We feel that this approach of meeting the EPA standards is not beneficial to anyone except the manufacturers of these stove parts and catalysts. It is definitely NOT to the advantage of our customers.
We are proud to offer the Napoleon line of non-catalytic wood burning stoves and inserts and feel that they are an asset to any wood burning home.
All Napoleon stoves and inserts either meet, or exceed EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) standards, assuring an environmentally friendly, highly-efficient heating source. Time after time, Napoleon has led the way with new and innovative patented technology with products continuously surpassing industry standards not only in appearance but in efficiency, performance and quality. Napoleon is registered under the world recognized ISO 9001-2000 quality system certification. In the hearth industry for over 25 years, all products carry the "President's Limited Lifetime Warranty". All of this experience, care and quality results in the creation of an appliance that possesses a timeless and enduring style, worthy of a place in your home.
- Economical 6? flue on even the largest models, assures you of efficiency and cost saving installations.
- Primary “bottom air feed” assists in cold start ups and to revive a small,dying fire.
- Secondary air tube insulated with ceramic fiber and protected with a stainless steel cover plate ensures complete combustion.
- Wrap around side shields add a delicate balance of elegance and functional practicality, helping to disperse heat evenly and reduce clearances to combustibles.
- Large viewing area through an elegantly arched cast iron door.
- High heat ceramic glass provides a safe, unobstructed view of the fire.
- Effective air wash in combination with high temperatures helps keep the viewing glass clean.
- Fully refractory lined firebox, similar to a kiln maintains the interior temperatures necessary to achieve low emissions.
- Ash dump with self-closing door is readily accessible (pedestal & cast iron model).
- Large “king size” functional ash pan (600 cu. inch capacity) with 2 carrying handles lets you conveniently dispose of ashes (pedestal model).
- Folding ash pan lid allows for clean, no-mess ash removal (pedestal model).
- Cool room air is circulated around the firebox, heated and returned to the room.
- The single lever burn control regulates primary and secondary air establishing a perfect mix and a clean burn.